Idea Peddler is looking for a seasoned Account Director to join our growing team.
You are an individual who thrives on building strong relationships but has an insatiable desire to get sh*t done. You have experience in advertising across industries and functions (media, creative, pr and social), and you know how to be a cruise director to all. A great fit for our team is:
- A collaborative consensus builder
- Has 7+ years of experience leading client engagements specific to full-service advertising (from creative to media, pr and social)
- Organized, thorough, accountable
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Self-driven, motivated and has a strong vision for personal growth. Proactive for self, clients and team momentum.
- Fun, easy to work with and get along with. Understands that nothing in advertising is a true emergency and truly enjoys the work, including its silliness and flaws.
- Comfortable using cloud-based collaboration tools for day-to-day team and client organization and project management
- Kind-hearted and fun-loving; this is advertising, not a competitive sport
About the Role:
You will lead on key accounts, with support from a Sr. Account Coordinator and senior team leadership. You will immerse yourself in the clients' businesses and strategize in their best interests. You will use core planning principles as your guiding light while infusing fresh and innovative thinking and ideas. You will lead and create annual and campaign strategies while also being a resource and advisor to the clients in all facets related to marketing, media and communications. You will work relentlessly to deliver wins for the clients. You will be viewed as a leader on the team, establishing yourself as a guide and a mentor.
- Be the leader and guide on nearly every call or meeting you own or join. You drive the conversation forward in a way that feels friendly and approachable. You have a gravitas and experience that clients and colleagues alike turn to you to know what the next right thing is; and you’re clear in your communication back to them what that is, who’s responsible for it and when it will be done.
- Be the client’s go-to. You develop rapport, trust, and lasting relationships that they value and know they can lean on to help achieve their goals
- Be the stalwart of the functional teams to create cross-functional magic. They can rely on you to brief them thoroughly, shape ideas collaboratively, and ultimately sell-in the work they’re producing; not because you must, but because you’ve briefed them so well you know it’s exactly what the client actually wants and needs.
- Understand, internalize and operationalize all client projects at any given time. Be up to date on the status, any roadblocks and bring a creative problem-solve hat to finding solutions in advance of client meetings, as well as alongside them.
- Create visually compelling, direct and aesthetically appealing decks that keep clients updated on things like campaign process, ideation direction, and overall relationship progress.
- Keep a regular tempo of the client’s needs and work deliverables, moving adeptly and easily from one week to the next to continue the cadence of team movement and deliverables towards the larger brand goals.
- Understand where to find interesting fodder and stimuli for campaign concepting and ideation; your stimuli is unique and fresh in an effort to advance campaigns towards perpetual pursuit of improved work product.
- Guide and oversee the creative and functional teams’ projects/product delivery to ensure no “last minute surprises” on presentation day.
- Lead the development of award submissions in collaboration with and support from the PR team. Think with results in mind from the brief to ensure you have at least 50% of your clients’ work ready for award submission annually.
- Develop jr. talent that reports to you. Help them read the tea leaves the way you do and give them opportunities to take calculated risks with low-risk environments to build confidence and experience.
- Manage budget across all non-media teams to ensure that projects remain in scope and that any additional resources that are required are done so in a cost-effective manner
- Coordinate with the finance team to ensure proper monthly billing and project billing for everything from one-offs to retainers and all the sub-costs in between
- Light travel is required, up to 15-30% of the time
What does success in this role look like?
- 95%+ NPS from clients’ quarterly business ratings
- <5% account churn on your clients/projects
- 90% project/client renewal rate
- Easily cross-sell services to clients who are in need
- Award-worthy work comes from your accounts
- A trusted team leader from all cross-functional teams in the agency
- Less than 5% of “elevated” problems to the COO or CEO come from your accounts
- Drive adoption and use of cloud-based collaboration and project management tools
- Ability to juggle a variety of clients and accounts at any given time
- Low to no errors or mistakes, from spelling/grammatical to financial
- A joy to work with, bringing a positive attitude and solutions to almost every situation
About Idea Peddler:
What’s it like to work at Idea Peddler?
We’re the rehab for big agency life. If you love doing smart and thoughtful work but hate the big agency bureaucracy and B.S., Idea Peddler might be the place for you. With appreciative and purpose-driven clients, a caring and transparent team culture, and true work-life balance, Idea Peddler is a place where you can thrive based on your own drive; a true meritocracy. In addition to having the chops to concept and execute campaigns flawlessly, curiosity, adventure, and a damn good attitude will carry you far here. We are a team of self-starters who hold dear our core values of adventure, discernment, motivation and no B.S.
Idea Peddler, founded in 2011, is a full-service advertising agency that offers big agency expertise with boutique agency service. We create bespoke campaigns that deliver on clients’ unique goals and follow through with exceptional execution.